Tell us about Interview IQ and why you started it. Let’s face it, finding a job today can be confusing and overwhelming! Nearly 50% of college graduates say they don’t even know where to begin their search. That is why we started Interview IQ to offer a unique blend of career search and interview skills coaching. The inspiration for Interview IQ came from my 30 years as a hiring manager and coach. I have interviewed and hired over 1000 candidates and know what it takes to find the right job and have a successful interview.
What I’ve learned is simple. First impressions are key. Most recruiters say they only need 90 seconds to make a hiring decision and since most candidates go through multiple interviews before receiving an offer, strong interview skills are a necessity! My belief is that interviewing is a skill that can be learned, but it must be practiced. At Interview IQ, we’ll teach you how to tell “your story” in a confident and compelling way. We use mock interviews to enhance soft skills, improve behavior-based answers, and reduce anxiety. Practice improves all of these. Contact us today to see if Interview IQ is what you have been searching for.
What we do:
- Self assessment – Our self-assessment services include the review and analysis by our career coaches and follow-up sessions with you to discuss an action plan.
- Career Assessment – Find the job that is right for you.
- Develop your personal brand – Review and refine your resume, LinkedIn profile, social media and networking skills.
- Interview prep – Learn to tell “Your Story”.
- Interview practice – Refine and practice your skills through mock interviews and feedback from our coaches.
What is the best piece of business advice you’ve ever received? Don’t wing it! Unless you have the luxury to wander, have a plan and a destination. One of my favorite quotes is by Yogi Berra. “If you don’t know where you are going, you might end up someplace else.”
What is your favorite spot in Marblehead, and why? Marblehead Harbor. There is something restorative about being on the water!
What is something people would be surprised to learn about you? In my spare time I manage my son’s Rap/Rock band.
For More Information:
Interview IQ, Eric Cole