Tell us about LCG Brands. LCG Brands is disruptive by design, partnering with the humans behind small businesses, startups, global organizations, economic development, and non-profits with change in mind. We use our 30+ years of experience to reinvent your marketing potential and take your business to a level not yet achieved. We are a research, consulting and internal communication firm bringing deep expertise in marketing and brand resolution. Providing a full range of services through workshops, seminars, and presentations, and promising sharp strategic thinking that gets results.
- Mission: We support individuals and businesses wanting to build and amplify their brands.
- Never Give Up – Our focus is to surpass the expectations of our clients. Your goals become our goals.
- Driven By Detail – Here at LCG Brands we’re detail oriented. Our insight helps us to transform our client’s businesses by paying attention to and solving challenges along the way.
- The Inventive Spirit – Our spirit sets us apart. Our desire to find, create, and develop new approaches for our clients is where we excel.
- Process: LCG Brands will help your humans succeed through the proper marketing strategies, brand development, target audience determination, and media engagement.
Why did you start your business? I started LCG Brands in 2009 at the tail end of the great recession. It was then my capstone project, to complete my MBA at F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College. It became apparent that I would have to go live when I was labeled, overqualified for any marketing C-Suite positions that I had my eyes on. Over the past 13 years I have gained a strong global reputation in the entrepreneur ecosystem as well as the small business community of veterans, women, families, ethnic groups, minorities, and international business owners. I have mentored and become a sounding board to countless entrepreneurs and innovators, as they seek to succeed in marketing for themselves and their businesses on their terms. At the start of the pandemic, I quickly and easily slipped back into my media representative persona to develop a platform giving these communities an amplified voice by creating a podcast welcoming to small businesses at all levels, educating new audiences of the “people” that fuel and support our neighborhoods.
What is the best piece of business advice you’ve ever received?When dealing with toxic team members,
- Set clear behavioral expectations.
- Model behaviors you want to see.
- Set boundaries and limits.
- Assert yourself.
- Have a reliable support network.
- Provide behaviorally specific, timely and actionable feedback.
- And if need be, end/terminate the relationship.
And most of all remember, no one deserves to be treated poorly due to others prejudices and insecurities in their personal and professional lives. Focus on your goals and rise above it.
What is your favorite spot in Marblehead, and why? Fort Sewall continues to be one of my happy places in town. Whether it be sunrise, taking client calls, deep talks with friends, or drafting my next book, no matter the weather this special spot inspires me.
For More Information:
LCG Brands Consulting & Minding Your Business Podcast
Owner: Jodi-Tatiana Charles
www.lcgbrands.com and www.mindingyourbusinesspod.com